Post-piercing complications are rare when using Studex products as directed.
Statistics show that the greatest percentage of post piercing complications are caused through negligent aftercare procedures performed by the customer.
In order to promote a trouble-free healing process, all customers receiving ear piercing with Studex® products should observe the following aftercare advice.
Aftercare is best after showering or bathing.
- Wash hands thoroughly, preferably with an antibacterial soap, before touching the piercing.
- Rinse the piercing with water and use a fresh cotton bud to remove any crust.
- Apply Studex® Ear Care Solution to the piercing while rotating the stud several times 180° left and 180º right. Only doing half turns will prevent hair wrapping around the post at the back of the lobe. In between cleaning, keep ears DRY.
- Carry out this procedure twice daily for 6 weeks. More frequently could damage the delicate skin cells that surround the piercing and less frequently may invite infection.
- Do not remove the studs for the first six weeks. For the first six months do not go for more than 24 hours without wearing jewellery in the piercing.
- Pain, redness or swelling is not normal for an ear piercing and may indicate an allergic reaction or infection. Consult your piercer.