1 April 2015
Fresh off the runway, here are our favourite earring trends for 2012!
Harper's Bazaar labelled it one of the most important accessories of 2012 – the earring. Variety continues to be the spice of life this year with a range of earring fashion trends dominating the runway. But don’t get overwhelmed - we’ve put together a summary of this year’s trends just for you!
- Get blinged up with a pair of sparkly studs. Cubic zirconia and diamante studs are the must-have accessory for 2012. Simple yet classy, this is one earring style that can be worn with anything – an evening gown, jeans or even sports attire. We also love pearl studs for the ultimate in versatile accessorising!
- The bigger the better! The old adage "less is more" is so 1990s! We love stunning bold earrings that make a fashion statement (think Kim Kardashian) – and this is the year to do it. A pair of large drop earrings or hoops can eradicate the need for other jewellery and take an outfit from drab to fab in a heartbeat.
- Swing from the chandeliers – okay, not literally, but chandelier earrings are the essential jewellery accessory for a night out! Elegant and sexy without being overstated, chandelier earrings are the perfect ear bling for occasions which require something special to top off a perfect outfit. Check out our favourite chandeliearrings here!
- Diamond-studded hoops. The quintessential earring item, the hoop is as popular now as it ever was. Wear your hoops big, in gold or silver, and encrusted with diamonds or cubic zirconias.
- Vintage. We love taking a trip back in time with a pair of vintage earrings – simply put in a pair of stunning semi-precious stone drops and pretend it’s the 1950s. Vintage earrings are the perfect way to add some character to your style!
- Boys’ earrings. We had to say it – thanks to David Beckham and Justin Bieber, men's earrings are back in! Even if they don’t have their ears pierced, they can don a pair of clip-ons to make a fashion statement (like Jamie Foxx recently did). Nothing too fancy though – a simple black or cubic zirconia stud will do the trick… we don’t want to see our men prancing around in a pair of diamond chandelier drops unless it’s for a fancy dress party!
Whatever your style or occasion, 2012 continues to be a period where anything goes. If you like it, wear it. If you love it, it shows! Earrings are definitely the must-have accessory this year… but we like to think they always have been.